Monday, March 8, 1999

Ripples v1.08

Ripples, version 1.08 [3/8/99]: An electronic postcard from Stone Soup
Seminars

A PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Worry is the misuse of imagination.
original source unknown; submitted by Katie Scarlett

REFLECTION ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I am only one,
but I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But I can do something.
Because I cannot do everything,
Does not mean I should not try
To do all that I can
Being what I am.
original source unknown; submitted by Matthew Crespin

PONDERING ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This week has been exciting: emceeing a black tie AIDS fund raiser,
keynoting a diversity conference for Wisconsin Education Association
Conference, and an exhilarating and SUNNY day with students and staff at
the University of Central Florida. I also gave a talk for the University
of Wisconsin's Student Personnel Association entitled: "Too Much & Not
Enough: Communication Tools to Preserve Humanity and Your Sanity." We
pulled out our business cards and brainstormed all the modes of
communication we could find on the card. We came up with all kinds of ways
to connect with other, yet we missed the most important one of all: they
physical act of handing your business card to someone. I dare you to spend
a few minutes this week connecting with someone LIVE instead of through
email, snail mail, fax, phone, voice mail, cell phone, etc.

Peace to you! -ptw

Copyright 1999 Stone Soup Seminars

No comments: