Monday, August 30, 1999

Ripples v1.33

Ripples, version 1.33 [8/30/99] ©1999 Stone Soup Seminars

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Should you find yourself the victim
of other people's bitterness,
ignorance, smallness or insecurities;
Remember, things could be worse:
You could be them!!!
Original source unknown, Submitted by: Carol Satchell

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

walking along a wooded path early one morning shadowed by the twisted and
towering timbers i feared that my way would be lost. as my brow began to
sweat and my countenance fail, i remembered that it was not in seeing the
path, but in taking the next step that ours journeys are made real.
i'm not sure if the path miraculously became clear or my spirit simply
changed focus, but the trees no longer appeared ominous and daybreak came.
Written and submitted by: Toby Causby

PONDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My journeys this week have included a few new student orientations where I
have the challenge of helping college freshmen tackle their extreme
nervousness and transform it into extreme connections (connections to
people, to their surroundings, to the new ideas they will encounter, etc.).
I spent lots of time convincing them how important it is to make new
friends. It wasn't until I sat down to create this week's Ripples that I
realize I also need to tell them to remember the value of their old
friends.

I have had quite an adventure making new friends at University of Southern
Indiana and Indiana University this week. But it was equally fabulous to
connect with many old friends at Cardinal Stritch University and University
of Wisconsin - River Falls. I am remembering a song my sister used to sing
in Girl Scouts: "Make new friends, but keep the old ones...One is Silver
and the other Gold."

Do us ALL a favor today and spend a moment connecting with an old friend,
and creating a new connection too!

Paul

SUBSCRIPTION CHANGES: to subscribe, unsubscribe, or change your address,
please visit my website at http://www.happyflying.com/ (and click on the
'goodies' tab!)

Paul Wesselmann is the creator of Stone Soup Seminars which design
transformative opportunities for individuals and teams around the country.

No comments: