Monday, September 27, 1999

Ripples v1.37: Ripples of PATIENCE!

Ripples, version 1.37 [9/27/99] ©1999 Stone Soup Seminars

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everything is within walking distance, if you have enough time.
original source: Steven Wright, submitted by Michael Harring

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dear God,
So far today, I've done alright. I haven't gossiped. I haven't lost my
temper. I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over indulgent.
I'm very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get
out of bed; and from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot more help.
Amen.
original source unknown, submitted by Tracy Zander

PONDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I think I know why the fall colors are so amazing: to help us SLOW DOWN
and enjoy the ride! This week as I was bipping around to several remote
locations around central and northern Wisconsin, the same roads I had
driven countless times became entirely new adventures as I scanned the
horizon for signs of fiery reds, glowing oranges and soft yellows that are
seeping into the fabric of nature.

Time became much less important....it mattered more that I was soaking in
the experience. I was rewarded for my appreciation of these works of art
as the sun created a majestic finale only to be outdone by a full moon
pushing its way into view. The moon was so large and so bright and as it
peeked in and out of a thin sheet of clouds I became convinced that the
entire display was conceived just to remind me to SLOW DOWN!

I hope you can create some peace on the planet and in your life by slowing
down and enjoying Life this week. Remember, you only have one day to be
alive: TODAY!

-ptw

No comments: