Wednesday, May 31, 2000

eRipples v2.22: Ripples of FRIENDSHIP!

eRipples: a FREE weekly splash of inspiration from
Paul Wesselmann and The Ripples Project
version 2.22 [Tuesday, May 30, 2000]

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A friend is the person who knows the song in your heart
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
-original source unknown, submitted by Ben Olds

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A Oath of Friendship
When you are sad,.............I will dry your tears.
When you are scared,..........I will comfort your fears.
When you are worried,.........I will give you hope.
When you are confused,........I will help you cope.
And when you are lost,........And can't see the light.
I shall be your beacon........Shining ever so bright
This is my oath...............I pledge till the end.
Why you may ask?..............Because you're my friend.
-original source unknown, submitted by Joanna Messer

PONDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Many of you know how important the mountains are to me, so you will not be
surprised that I returned to the Colorado Rockies for some R&R over the
holiday weekend. I visited some of the same magnificent spots that I've
described in these emails before but this trip they all looked different.
How could the paths I have retraced so many times have been so different?
Because this time I traveled them with my best friend.

As much as I have appreciated my solo time in the mountains, there is
nothing quite like having a trusted buddy to enrich the experience. It
reminded me that all of my favorite adventures have been improved by either
having a friend with me, or connecting with them soon after to recreate the
events with words and images.

I hope you can spend some time with a special friend or twp this week.
Sitting in a cafe, chatting on the phone, or simply an extra email to
remind us all of the power of friends.

Peace to you,

Paul

No comments: