Sunday, December 16, 2001

eRipples v3.51: Ripples of LESS FEAR!

eRipples: Your Free Weekly Splash of Inspiration
from Paul & The Ripples Project
eRipples v3.51: Ripples of LESS FEAR!
to LEAVE or JOIN, see below

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
-John F. Kennedy, submitted by Jennifer Yale

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Our doubts are traitors
and make us lose the good
we oft might win
by fearing to attempt
-William Shakespeare, submitted by Ami

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

[This is a "guest ponder" from my friend Sissy who is a long-time
ripples subscriber....I liked her addition to the formula for passion
we've been exploring the past few weeks.]

I am enjoying your formula for passion: ( p + a ) * e2
[purpose and action combined in an enriching environment]

Can I suggest that we include a conscious effort to "extract" fear of
failure? Let me explain: We had a curious 11-year-old house guest
for Thanksgiving. Nicole asked my husband Tom, "If you both have
doctorates, who is smarter?"

I was surprised when Tom jumped in and said, "I am book smart and
have a scientific analytical approach, but Sissy can step into a new
situation with no experience and make it work. Sissy is confident
enough to figure things out." I was pleased with the compliment but
it didn't seem exactly right. Later that weekend I decided that it
isn't "confidence" but rather that I am not afraid of failure.
I've learned something new every time that I've "failed." And it
doesn't hurt!
-written and submitted by Sissy

No comments: