Sunday, May 12, 2002

eRipples v4.19: Ripples of DANDELIONS!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

All the beautiful sentiments in the world
weigh less than a single lovely action.
-James Russell Lowell, submitted by Su


=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

[An eRipples reader shared this story with me, and I had to share it
with everyone!]

I was heading home after spending about 5 hours in the library
working on a research paper, and I was NOT in such a great mood. On
my walk, I passed a couple with a 4-year-old child. While staring
down at my feet in my foul mood, I suddenly saw this tiny shadow in
front of me. I looked up to see the young boy smiling back at me.

He simply said, "This is for you," handed me a dandelion he had
picked from the grass, and ran back to his parents--smiling the whole
way. It instantly put a smile on my face and made me think of The
Ripples Project the entire walk home. When I got to my apartment I
stood the flower up on the banister next to the entrance. A half hour
later the flower was gone, passed on to someone else. Hopefully it
was able to put the same smile on another face as it had on mine.
That little boy was a living example to me of how the ripples concept
truly works. Something as simple as a dandelion from a little boy
was enough to completely change my mood, and possibly someone else's
too.
-written and submitted by Matt


=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I had a great experience last week in Lansing, Michigan with a crew
of credit union managers as we explored time management. I
encouraged them to alter their approach to time management from
"hurry up and get more done" to "slow down and figure out what is
most important!" Matt's experience reminds me that sometimes the
important tasks do not even take much time to complete--but can often
have a long-lasting impact!

I need a bunch of dandelions! In a few weeks I am delivering my
first commencement address and YOUR perspective is requested: If you
had the opportunity to say ONE THING to a class of college graduates,
what would you say? Everyone who responds by Friday will get a copy
of all the responses!

Peace,
Paul


eRipples: a FREE quick splash from Paul & The Ripples Project
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o
to leave: send a blank email to Leave@TheRipplesProject.org
to join: send a blank email to Join@TheRipplesProject.org
to submit: send a quote to Submissions@TheRipplesProject.org
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o
©2002 The Ripples Project

No comments: