Monday, December 2, 2002

eRipples v4.48: Ripples of PAUSE!

WOOHOO! This is our 200th issue of eRipples!
Check out our archives: http://www.TheRipplesProject.org/eRipples

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

He who can no longer pause to wonder and
stand rapt in awe is as good as dead....
-Albert Einstein, submitted by Mary G., Madison, Wisconsin

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

When you are inspired by some great purpose,
some extraordinary project,
all your thoughts break their bonds:

Your mind transcends limitation,
your consciousness expands in every direction,
and you find yourself in a
new, great and wonderful world.

Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive,
and you discover yourself to be
a greater person by far
than you ever dreamed yourself to be.
-Patanjali, submitted by "Dancer1700"

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

This week I begin what may be the greatest adventure of my life. By the
time you read this, I will have silenced my mobile phone, shut off my computer, and put
my mail on hold. I have packed up a month's supplies and am traveling far away from
the craziness of my life. I am pressing PAUSE on the DVD of my life for a few weeks so
that I can "stand rapt in awe" as Einstein says above.

I have stored up a few ripples which Leslie will send out each Monday during my travels. There is a small chance I will update you "from the road" but most likely I will return in January with a calmed heart, peaceful soul, and ready to resume my life again. I promise to share stories then!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: