Monday, November 10, 2003

Ripples v5.44: Ripples of COURAGE!

Ripples v5.43: Paul's Free Weekly Splash of Inspiration for 10,141 Members

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o==o=o

Courage is asking yourself the questions you've been afraid to ask
and being willing to let the answers change your life.
-Nan Gardetto

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Courage is not the towering oak
That sees storms come and go;
It is the fragile blossom
That opens in the snow.
-Alice Mackenzie Swaim, submitted by Lisa V., Lincoln Nebraska

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

What a wild week I've had! I spent some time with staff and student
leaders at University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point and then jetted
off for a brief visit with 500 women who work in Information
Technology for Procter & Gamble and Hewlitt-Packerd. I ended my crazy
week on Kiawah Island in South Carolina with the U.S. Tennis
Association. In all three of my stops I encountered people seeking
new strategies to face the many changes that are whirling around in
their jobs and in their lives. At first it seemed as though they
needed training in "managing change." By the end of my trip,
however, I was convinced that it wasn't information or skills they
needed; instead, I think they needed simply needed a big dose
en-COURAGE-ment! Fear is the major obstacle to facing and embracing
change, and courage is the antidote.

To my old and new friends from USTA; to my new friends at UWSP, P&G,
and HP; and to YOU as you read this now: you CAN handle this change
and it is going to be awesome and magical and difficult and WORTH IT!
Hang in there!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: