Monday, April 26, 2004

Ripples v6.17: Ripples of HEART CURRENCY!

Ripples v6.17: Paul's FREE Weekly Splash of Inspiration for 11,000+
This issue of Ripples is dedicated to my pop, Robert Wesselmann (1926-2004).

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

We are, all of us, molded and remolded by those who have loved us.
No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny
without leaving some mark upon it forever.
-source unknown, submitted by K.B., Richmond, Indiana

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Joy, sorrow, care, courage,
and tenderness are real.
Kindness is real.
Tears are real,
and so is laughter.
These are the currency of the heart.
They are meant to be exchanged.
-Gary Zukav, submitted by Katherine B.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

This week was a whirlwind of planned and unplanned reunions for me.
I began in New Mexico to help out with the NIRSA (Natl Intramural Rec.
Sports Assn) conference where I enjoyed connecting with old and new
buddies as well as spending some time in the mountains that I love so
much. I then rushed back to the midwest to hang out with my good
friends at MPI (Meeting Professionals Intl) Wisconsin Chapter and also
made some new friends at an event for rising leaders at Mercury Marine.

By the end of the week I was with my family, unfortunately on the sad
occasion of my father's passing. Gary Zukav's quote above captures
well the bizarre combination of joy and sorrow that wove through my
week. By the time I arrived back home, exhausted from the physical
and emotional journeys, the seemingly opposite emotions appeared
more complementary. I viewed them not as "good" and "bad," but
instead simply as different ways of deepening my connections to others,
opportunities to remember that as human beings our souls exist
primarily to seek and support each other.

I hope you can take a moment from your crazy week to renew or
deepen a "soul connection" that needs attention in your life!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: