Sunday, December 19, 2004

Ripples v6.48: Ripples of MAGICAL, INTANGIBLE GIFTS!

Ripples v6.48: Ripples of MAGICAL, INTANGIBLE GIFTS!
Monday, December 20, 2004
Your FREE Weekly Splash of Inspiration from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.
-Marge Piercy, submitted by Charlene G., PA

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

The best thing to give an enemy is forgiveness;
To an opponent, Tolerance;
To a friend, your Ear;
To your child, a good Example;
To a father, Reverence;
To your mother, Conduct that will make her proud of you;
To yourself, Respect;
And to all, Charity.
-Benjamin Franklin, submitted by Jim Cissell

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

As many of us celebrate a holiday season that includes exchanging gifts, I hope we can all take a moment this week to be grateful for the many intangible gifts that we have received throughout the year. Sometimes even tiny gestures can be magical gifts: a few days ago I was spending a lazy afternoon in a cafe with a wonderful book and some hot cocoa. As I was staring out the window in a meandering stream of consciousness, I realized that someone walking by had stopped when she noticed my far off gaze. I don\'t know how long she had been standing there before I focused on her huge, warm smile that was clearly meant to encourage my daydreaming, but I know that by the time she continued on her journey, her infectious smile lifted by day beyond measure. Even as I describe this brief encounter to you days later, a grin creeps across my face and I wonder how many other people have been impacted by this friendly stranger.

Can you think of someone who has freely offered a gift of love, hope, kindness, sharing, laughter, smile, friendship, patience, or caring this year? I dare you to acknowledge this gift by telling us about it in our community section:
http://theripplesproject.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=518#518.

Peace,

Paul
p.s. No Ripples next week...we\'ll see you in 2005!!

No comments: