Monday, June 26, 2006

Ripples v8.26: Ripples of ARTFUL LIVING!

Ripples v8.26: Ripples of ARTFUL LIVING!
6/26/06: a FREE splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Live to the point of tears.
-Albert Camus, submitted by Katie P., Minneapolis MN

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Choice by choice,
moment by moment,
I string together the necklace of my day,
stringing together the choices that form
artful living.
-Julia Cameron, submitted by Lin H., Bloomington IL

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

The last few weeks have been adventure-filled for me; besides addressing the challenges of our website and related technology (it seems we have them largely resolved--thanks for helping me thank both teams last week!), I have spent some time giving presentations in New Hampshire as well as several leadership conferences around Wisconsin. This weekend included a sublime reunion with my buddies from graduate school and their growing families: hours of chit chat and laughter and goofiness that will linger in my soul for a long time.

As I continue to learn and grow from a bounty of people and experiences (including both wildly fun times and gritty hard stuff), it seems easy to forget (and just as easy to recall!) that even the truly difficult challenges are more easily faced when I string together some really good times after I have faced a string of blechy times. Perhaps you could take a quick assessment of your upcoming week to see if there is room for more ARTFUL LIVING, even with all the crazy, unpredictable, frustrating, and delicious ups and downs.

Life isn't always easy, my ripply friend, but I believe it is always worth it!

Ripple On!

Paul

No comments: