Monday, January 8, 2007

Ripples v9.02: Treating People Right!

Ripples v9.02: Treating People Right!
1/8/07: a quick splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.
-Henry Boye, submitted by Kathy L., Mendota Heights MN

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element.
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.

I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration,
I can humiliate or humor,
hurt or heal.

In all situations,
it is my response that decides whether
a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and
a person is humanized or de-humanized.

If we treat people as they are,
we make them worse.
If we treat people as they ought to be,
we help them become what they are capable of becoming.
-J.W. Goethe, submitted by Kelly P., Ontario OR

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= SPLASH =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I need help gathering examples of TREATING PEOPLE RIGHT!

Have you recently (or ever?) been in a situation where you were receiving service (restaurant, hotel, retail store, etc.) and the person said or did something unexpected that "made life joyous?" Reply and share it with me! Anyone who responds by Thursday morning with a brief example will get a copy of all the examples (and I think it could be a great list.).

If you cannot think of one, then make a splash this week by making an extra effort to be nice to someone that isn't expecting it.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: