Sunday, February 4, 2007

Ripples v9.06: Super Enthusiasm!

Ripples v9.06: Super Enthusiasm!
2/05/07: a free splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm;
it moves stones, it charms brutes.
Enthusiasm is the genius of sincerity,
and truth accomplishes no victories without it.
-Edward Bulwer-Lytton, submitted by Linn W., Milwaukee WI

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= WAVE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Please WAVE enthusiastically to new Ripplers from the
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics!
Welcome aboard!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark
should burn out in a brilliant blaze
than it should be stifled by dry rot.

I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow,
than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
-Jack London, submitted by Cindy K, Green Bay WI

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

As I put the final touches on this issue, I hear lots of SUPER ENTHUSIASM for the Super Bowl from neighbors (I myself am being super-enthusiastic about the commercials). Even if you are not a fan of football nor the ads, most of us have observed all the whooping and hollering that athletic events encourage. I wonder what would happen if you could unleash that sort of enthusiasm at work or school or life in general? I don't necessarily mean walking around screaming and jumping up and down, but I do believe that outward physical expressions of excitement nurture passion in the person who is showing enthusiasm AND in all who encounter her/him. You already know that enthusiasm is more contagious than any virus, so what might happen if you turned up the volume on yours?

WAIT! I was just about to hit the SEND button and had to stop the presses to share with you the jingle from a most "ripply" Super Bowl commercial. The soft drink ad begins like a video game and transforms into an encouragement to be nice: "You give a little love, and it all comes back to you. You're gonna be remembered for the things that you say and do." If you wanna see it, I'll post a link on the message board to the ad:
http://theripplesproject.org/smf/index.php?topic=211.0

Have a SUPER week!

Paul
p.s. Next week I am going to show you how much I love members of The Ripples Project!! Get ready to visit The Quote Pond!

No comments: