Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ripples v9.30: Your Tribe!

Ripples v9.30: Your Tribe!
7/23/07: a free weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

____________________PEBBLE ____________________

Family are friends that life gives us;
friends are family that the heart chooses.
-adapted from Diane Comtesse, submitted by Loreen D, Longview WA

____________________BOULDER ____________________

Call it a clan,
call it a network,
call it a tribe,
call it a family.
Whatever you call it,
whoever you are,
you need one.
-Jane Howard submitted by Loreen D, Longview WA

____________________PONDER ____________________

The more time I spend on this planet, the more I understand and appreciate that families come in all shapes and sizes. As we grow into adulthood, our definition of family can shift from the people we grew up with into the people who help us grow.

I consider myself very blessed to have family members that are friends, and friends who I consider family. I recently enjoyed a week with my best friend who now lives in Ohio, and I frequently get to bond with close friends who live down the hall, down the street, and across town. As I mentioned last week, this issue of Ripples will [hopefully!] reach you just as I wrap up a great weekend with one of my TRIBES that formed in graduate school and gradually evolved into four families of friends that are definitely family.

So, who is your TRIBE? It may be blood relations, it could be the people in your current household, or perhaps it is a close-knit circle of friends who take turns helping each other and receiving help. I dare you to take a moment right now to forward this issue of Ripples to your TRIBE and include a note about how much and why you value having them in your life!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: