Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ripples v9.35: Running or Learning?

Ripples v9.35: Running or Learning?
8/27/07: a free weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

____________________PEBBLE ____________________

Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it,
you can either run from it, or learn from it.
-Rafiki in The Lion King, submitted by Heidi R., Dubuque IA

____________________BOULDER ____________________

If a man is indeed
the sum of his memories,
then removing or changing an experience
would change the man.

I like me;
I may not like the things
that happen to me,
but if I changed them
I wouldn't be who I am today
or who I WILL be tomorrow.

Never regret;
you may look back and think
things could have been better
but you may just turn that weakness
into the strength needed
to be where you are today.
-Peter Davidson, submitted by Justin R., St. Louis MO

____________________PONDER ____________________

Stuff happens.

Some of the stuff that happens in life is fun and some of it can be, well, not so much fun. We rarely get to choose what happens to us, but we always get to choose how we respond to what happens to us. Sometimes running away may be the right thing to do, but hopefully we eventually grow into wiser beings when we take the time and energy to sift through our experiences (aka our STUFF) and learn from it.

So, take a look at your recent or long ago stuff and decide: is it time to RUN or is it time to LEARN? Either way, good luck!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: