Monday, May 4, 2009

Ripples v11.18: Treasure Conscious!

Ripples v11.18: Treasure Conscious!
The Ripples Project is a tribe of 22,283
who believe tiny actions create big possibilities
1999-2009: 10 years of Ripples!
Monday, May 4, 2009

_______
PEBBLE
We can only be said to be alive in those moments
when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
-Thornton Wilder

________
BOULDER
We are all visitors--even when we are home.
That is, our time in any relationship or
place is ultimately limited.
We are passing through: Nobody stays forever.
How might we act if we thought of ourselves
as guests in the lives of friends and family?
We might also think of ourselves as uninvited,
but not unwelcome, guests of the planet.
And I think the rules for being
good guests of the planet are just the same:
Ask little, accept what is offered, and give thanks.
-Jeffrey Lockwood, submitted by Terry H., Franklin WI

_______
PONDER
I have enjoyed many adventures this week: met some new friends, connected with old friends, and had to cut short my journey by a few days because I wasn't feeling 100% (but getting there!).

I'll keep this extra short as I remind myself and my fellow Ripplers to consider the above Boulder's last line as potential goals for this week: "Ask little, accept what is offered, and give thanks."

Peace,
Paul

No comments: