Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ripples v11.26: Messy, Not Perfect!

Ripples v11.26: Messy, Not Perfect!
The Ripples Project is a tribe of 22,522
who believe tiny actions create big possibilities
Monday, July 6, 2009

_______
PEBBLE
Perfectionism is a mean, frozen form of idealism, while messes are the artist's true friend.
.....We need to make messes in order to find out who we are and why we are here...
-Anne Lamont, submitted by Heidi R., Dubuque IA

________
BOULDER
Perfectionism is NOT a quest for the best.
It is a pursuit of the worst in ourselves,
the part that tells us that nothing we do
will ever be good enough--
that we should try again.
- Julia Cameron, submitted by Theresa W., Wisconsin

_______
PONDER
Life is a bit messy (trust me on this one). If you are dealing with a project or situation that is not going perfectly, I invite you to join me in allowing things be messy for a while. I'm not sure what happens next, but both Anne Lamont and Julia Cameron are truly wise women and I trust them enough to let perfectionism relinquish its icy grip on me....at least for the next few days.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: