Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ripples #563: Hand in Hand!

Ripples #563: Hand in Hand!
Monday, Mar 8, 2010
The Ripples Project is a tribe of 24,636
who believe tiny actions create big possibilities

_______
PEBBLE
Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.
That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.
-Emily Kimbrough, submitted by Lin H., Bloomington IL
________
BOULDER
Many people believe that support is something that you give to someone you
feel sorry for or that it means propping up someone who would fail unless
you were there to give him a boost. But that's not the way I see it. Support
is the boost you can give someone who can help himself but who needs a
partner to open a window or push aside a roadblock.
-Dave Thomas, submitted by Ann P., Mason OH
_______
PONDER
I was lucky enough to spend Friday with 300 remarkable people at the Lt.
Governor's Conference on LGBT Youth. Educators, administrators, and
community leaders of all ages from all over the state converged on Oshkosh,
Wisconsin to become "Engaged & Empowered." It is rare to witness such a
large, diverse group of people quickly create a powerful feeling of "we are
in this together so let's make magic!" I initially assumed my purpose as
keynote speaker & workshop facilitator was to offer support to those
attempting to create safe environments for lesbian, gay, bisexual and
transgendered youth. As I drove home Friday evening, exhausted and
exhilarated, I realized that I had received as much (or more?) support as I
attempted to generate.

Some days we need support, some days we have support to offer. Our growing
tribe of ripplers believe in the power of generating AND receiving small
acts of kindness; I hope you can enjoy a little of each this week.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: