Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ripples #630: Aware!

Ripples #630: Aware!
For our tribe of 27,933 busy people who share encouragement and gratitude.

June 20, 2011

PEBBLE:
The aim of life is to live,
and to live means to be aware,
joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
-Henry Miller, submitted by Taylor, Wauwatosa WI

BOULDER:
Enlightenment, peace and joy
will not be granted by someone else.
The well is within us,
and if we dig deeply in the present moment,
the water will spring forth.
-Thich Nhat Hanh

PONDER:
I enjoyed a crazy-busy week: visiting new students & their parents at
Plymouth State University, and a really engaging day in Boston with some
folks from Gillette (yet another group of Procter & Gamble folks to bond
with!). I then rushed back home to rest and finished the week with my 11th
year of kicking off the Wisconsin Leadership Seminar.

Each of the groups I was visiting deserved a taste of the very best Paul I
could offer, so I paused just before each presentation to take three deep
breaths and repeated a favorite mantra that invites deeper awareness of the
present moment.

I hope you can create space in your crazy day to experiment with this quick
reminder that there really is only one place to be and one time to focus on:

Here, now.
Here, now.
Here, now.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: