Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ripples #638: Good Friends!

Ripples #638: Good Friends.
For our tribe of 27,834 busy people who share encouragement and gratitude.
Aug 8, 2011

PEBBLE:
A good friend is a connection to life:
a tie to the past, a road to the future,
the key to sanity in a totally insane world.
-Lois Wyse, submitted by Juls in Los Angeles, CA

BOULDER:
I have come to the realization that friends
are the only true staple in life.
More than food, they sustain us
as we hike that trail of life,
taking the road less traveled,
and more than water
they quench our thirst,
our thirst for living,
our thirst for life.
-written/submitted by Amy Williams in Waukesha, WI

PONDER:
I am still savoring a week filled with GOOD FRIENDS! First I helped my old
and new friends at Central Michigan University get ready for their 14th
annual Leadership Safari .  While there I shared a few meals with my dear friend and fellow trainer,
Maura Cullen.

I ended the crazyfun week with three of my grad school buddies who
converged with their families on nearby Lansing for a weekend of chatting
and eating and swimming and dancing around the living room. We laughed
ourselves silly and we loved it so much we planned our 2012 adventure before
we hugged out our goodbyes.

Good friends are rare and precious gems and should be treated as such. I
invite you to reach out to one or more of your friends this week and remind
them how much you treasure having them in your life.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: