Monday, September 5, 2011

Ripples #641: Shaping My Future!

Ripples #641:  Shaping My Future!
For our tribe of 28,302 busy people who share encouragement and gratitude.
Sep 5, 2011

PEBBLE:
We shouldn’t give up what we want the MOST
for what we want at the MOMENT.
-unknown, submitted by Terry in Oak Creek, WI

BOULDER:
I shall shape my future.
Whether I fail or succeed
shall be no man's doing but my own.
I am the force;
I can clear any obstacle before me.
Or I can be lost in the maze.
My choice.
My responsibility.
Win or lose, only I
hold the key to my destiny.
-Og Mandino, submitted by Dixie in Valley City, ND


PONDER:
I enjoyed a quick trip to New Jersey to fire up new students at Rutgers
University's Camden campus (neither the earthquake nor the hurricane stopped
these Raptors from arriving!).  Part of my challenge to them was to make
bold decisions about shaping their future and I hope you are prepared to do
the same this week.

We must be willing to delay some of the immediate gratification that can be
so tempting and extend our vision and our reach beyond what may be EASY to
acquire and set our sights and our grasp on the really big stuff that we
know will improve our existence.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: