Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ripples #655: Saying YES!

Ripples #655: Saying YES!
For our tribe of 28,855 people who share encouragement and gratitude
12/12/2011

PEBBLE:
I rarely let the word No
Escape from my mouth Because it is so plain to my soul That God has
shouted, Yes! Yes! Yes! To every luminous movement in Existence.
-Hafiz, submitted by Catharine in Greensboro, NC

BOULDER:
I asked God if it was okay
to be melodramatic
and she said yes
I asked her if it was okay
to be short and she said it sure is
I asked her if I could wear nail
polish or not wear nail polish
 and she said honey she calls me that
sometimes she said you can do
just exactly what you want to
Thanks God I said
And is it even okay if I don't paragraph my letters
Sweetcakes God said who knows where she picked that up
what I'm telling you is
Yes Yes Yes.
-Kaylin Haught, "God Says Yes to Me," submitted by Bruce in Milwaukee,
WI

PONDER:
If you've attended one of my presentations on burnout or self care skills, you likely remember that I am a strong advocate of learning how to say NO*. I stress that because so many people I encounter, especially the leaders and helpers that I commonly work with, are already good at saying YES.

Still, it is good to make sure you are saying YES to some of the exciting possibilities that exist for you, and saying NO to things that are not quite what is best for your time and energy.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: