Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ripples #676: Lighten The Load!

Ripples #676: Lighten The Load!
For our tribe of 30,915 busy people who share encouragement and gratitude.
05/07/2012

PEBBLE:
I cling like a miser to the freedom that disappears
as soon as there is an excess of things.
-Albert Camus, submitted by Ester in Barcelona, Catalonia


BOULDER:
Let the moment come
when nothing is left
but life,
and you will find
that you do not hesitate
over the fate of
material possessions.
-Edward V. Rickenbacker, submitted by Charlene G., Bellefonte, PA

PONDER:
It started as a tiny whisper that it was time for me to sell my home and move on. Over the last few months my intuition has evolved into a quest to LIGHTEN THE LOAD. Each box of stuff that is packed up to be donated, sold, or given away allows me to feel lighter and freer; this expansive feeling confirms that I am making the right choice to prepare for the next chapter in my life.

I wonder if there is a way you can LIGHTEN THE LOAD this week? It could be a chance to tackle a room, a shelf, or even just a drawer to figure out what you can do without. Another option might be to reach inside, see if there is an old grudge or an outdated way of looking at an issue that is no longer useful. A psychic clearing can be as freeing as a garage cleaning!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: