Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ripples #737: The Achievement of Solitude.

Ripples #737: The Achievement of Solitude.
For our tribe of busy people who share encouragement and gratitude.
8 July 2013

PEBBLE:
The greatest need of our time is to clean out the enormous mass
of mental and emotional rubbish that clutters our minds.
-Thomas Merton

BOULDER:
Being solitary is being alone well:
being alone luxuriously immersed
in doings of your own choice,
aware of the fullness of your own presence
rather than of the absence of others.
Because solitude is an achievement.
-Alice Koller

PONDER:
I have slipped into the altitude of the Colorado Rockies to recover from my spring adventures and prepare for the craziness of the fall. I'll have Ripples queued up for you to receive while I'm away, and I promise to return soon with a replenished spirit.

In the meantime, I invite you to carve out a few minutes in your schedule this week to enjoy some solitude of your own; it so often improves my enjoyment and effectiveness of work and life and I feel certain it could help you, too.

Peace 2u!
Paul,
The Ripples Guy

No comments: