Monday, May 10, 1999

Ripples v1.17

Ripples, version 1.17 [5/10/99] An electronic postcard from Stone Soup Seminars

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There are many things in life
that will catch your eye,
But only a few will catch our heart...
Pursue these.
Original Source Unknown, Submitted by Stephen Todd Bowman

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Reflections Of A Mother"
I gave you life, but cannot live it for you.
I can give you directions, but I cannot be there to lead you.
I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe.
I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot always decide for you.
I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you beautiful inside.
I can offer you advice, but I cannot accept it for you.
I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.
I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish.
I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show honor.
I can advise you about friends, but cannot choose them for you.
I can advise you about sex, but I cannot keep you pure.
I can tell you about alcohol & drugs, but I can't say "No" for you.
I can tell you about lofty goals, but I can't achieve them for you.
I can teach you about kindness, but I can't force you to be gracious
I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God.
I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal life.
I can love you with unconditional love all of my life... and I will.
Original Source Unknown, Submitted by Bruce Bradley


PONDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Do you ever notice that is the "in between" times that sometimes make all
the difference? It was another big travel week for me, and I spent some
time doing several presentations at two of my favorite places: Cardinal
Stritch University and University of Wisconsin - River Falls. While I
enjoyed the many presentations and felt good about the work, the magic for
me came when I was having lunch with a group of students at Chaz' favorite
cafe and hanging out with the staff at Carole's house for a day. The chit
chat reminded me of the joy to work within an organization where I see the
same folks everyday. I love my job with all the adventures and travel, but
sometimes it is nice to just sit and chat and see where it takes you.
Won't you take some time today to hang out with someone at work or school
and enjoy the conversation? ENJOY!

Peace to you,
Paul

Copyright 1999 Stone Soup Seminars

No comments: