Monday, April 3, 2000

eRipples v2.14: Ripples of KIND!

eRipples: version 2.14 [Monday, April 3, 2000]

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.
original source: Mother Theresa

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This is the true joy in life,
the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one;
being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of
ailments and grievances,
complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community,
and as long as I live,
it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

I want to be thoroughly used up when I die,
for the harder I work,
the more I live.
- George Bernard Shaw

SMALL WAVES ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A Fun True Story by an eRipples Subscriber

Monday mornings are always stressful for my business and today was no
different. While driving down the freeway this morning, my mind was on the
dozen or more projects that needed my attention and I wasn't paying very
close attention to the cars around me.

A school bus in the lane next to me suddenly caught my attention when I
realized the back window was full of children smiling and waving at me. I
couldn't help but smile and wave back. The kids were thrilled -- and it
reminded me of my own childhood days riding a school bus doing the exact
same thing. I remembered the joy of getting that return wave and how much
fun it was to be a child.

My stress melted away in the brief moments we connected and I can not thank
those children enough for their gifts of a simple smile and a wave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
©2000 The Ripples Project

No comments: