Monday, August 14, 2000

eRipples v2.33: Ripples of ADVENTURES

eRipples: a FREE weekly splash of inspiration
version 2.33 [Monday, August 14, 2000]

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Life's a Dance, you learn as you go.
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow.
Don't worry about what you don't know.
Life's a Dance you learn as you go."
-John Michael Montgomerey, submitted by Kevin Serus

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

How do I find what life's about
Unless I venture farther out?
Something in me is not content,
Something affirms that I am meant
For more, and so I have to try
And see if somehow I can fly.
Going beyond the edge of things,
I may find out that I have wings,
Though they are of a different kind
Than birds, being mainly in the mind.
Whatever now I seem to be,
Yet more is to be found in me.
-James Dillet Freeman, submitted by Jeanne Ludjack


PONDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I spent the weekend in Asheville, North Carolina where I was helping a crew
of new students kick off their first semester of college. To prepare for
this and a half-dozen other new student orientations I'll be doing over the
next few weeks, I asked a few hundred current and former students what
advice they would give first year students. Many of the responses
encouraged students to be adventurous and try new things. I think we all
need to celebrate the beginning of a new academic year with a commitment to
ADVENTURE! Do something daring this week, and it will create a ripple of
more adventures!

Peace,
PTW

No comments: