Monday, April 30, 2001

eRipples v3.18: Ripples of HUMBLE PURSUITS!

eRipples: your free weekly splash of inspiration
from Paul & The Ripples Project
version 3.18: Ripples of HUMBLE PURSUITS!
Monday, April 30, 2001

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Count no day lost in which you waited your turn,
took only your share and sought advantage over no one.
-Robert Brault, submitted by Loren Knutson

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It's the action,
not the fruit of the action that's important...
It may not be in your power,
may not be in your time,
that there'll be any fruit.

But that doesn't man you stop doing the right thing.
You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
-Mohandas Gandhi, submitted by Jennifer Kalberg

PONDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Some days I put so much energy into the BIG PICTURE things I do that
I forget our lives are really created from the small decisions made
each day and each moment. The ripples created from letting someone
with fewer items jump ahead of me in line at the grocery store may be
more powerful than the ripples I make when I deliver an inspirational
speech to a thousand people. And while I have a relatively small
number of opportunities to give presentations, there are countless
moments in my life where a life can be altered with the smallest
gesture. Use this week to savor those tiny opportunities to make big
changes in our world!

Peace,

Paul Wesselmann

No comments: