Monday, July 23, 2001

eRipples v3.30: Ripples of AMAZING TODAY!

eRipples: Your Free Weekly Splash of Inspiration
from Paul & The Ripples Project
eRipples v3.30: Ripples of AMAZING TODAY!

PEBBLE ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Each today, well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness and each
tomorrow a vision of hope. Look, therefore, to this one day, for it and it
alone is life.
-Sanskrit poem, submitted by Jeanne L. Engle

BOULDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the day ends.
I have responsibilities to fulfill today.
I am important.
My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or
I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can grumble about my health or
I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or
I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or
I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or
I can feel honored because Life has provided shelter
for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.
What today will be like is up to me.
I get to choose what kind of day I will have!
-source unknown, submitted by Linda Nesheim

PONDER ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This week I ventured to the amazing Opryland Hotel in Nashville,
Tennessee to visit with the American School Food Service Association
(Lunch Ladies!) before rushing back to Wisconsin to speak at the
commencement ceremonies of CUNA's three year credit union
management training program. Some crazy travel challenges I faced in
the span of just a few days (lost luggage, blown tire, etc.) began to
overwhelm me until I read the above quotes and was reminded that no
matter what happens to me today, I get to DECIDE how I am going to feel.

It made the rest of the week a little nicer by reminding me to ENJOY
TODAY! I hope you can do the same this week.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: