Monday, October 1, 2001

eRipples v3.40: Ripples of WIND & RAIN!

eRipples: Your Free Weekly Splash of Inspiration
from Paul & The Ripples Project
eRipples v3.40: Ripples of WIND & RAIN!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

A certain amount of opposition is a help, not a hindrance.
Kites rise against the wind, not with it.
-original source unknown, submitted by Mary

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much
bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Good-bye."
-original source unknown, submitted by Colleen


=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

I attended three conferences this week: one for financial educators who
work at banks around Wisconsin, one in Indianapolis on diversity issues,
and one on bovine leadership (okay, it was actually a conference for
Milwaukee-area college student leaders, but in Wisconsin we LOVE cows
so there was a fair amount of "moo-ing" going on!) While of course
conversations eventually included mention of the events of earlier in the
month, we agreed that it is important to recognize the opportunities for
growth that evolve from trying times. Several individuals shared
strategies which they and/or their organizations have utilized to move
beyond the pain and into new directions. It reminded me that many of my
successes in work and life began as responses to difficult times I
encountered along the way.

I hope you can spend some time this week deciding how you can grow
stronger from the challenges we are facing.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: