Sunday, February 10, 2002

eRipples v4.06: Ripples of FEEDING

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

There is a field beyond right and wrong. Meet me there.
-Rumi, submitted by ZMomanzPop

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

A Native American grandfather was talking to
his grandson about his feelings after the attacks.
He said, "I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart.
One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one.
The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one."

When the grandson asked him which wolf
would win the fight, the grandfather answered,
"The one that I feed."
-source unknown, submitted by Sissy

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I made a quick trip to California this week to spend some time at
Mills College. We were exploring the topic of encouraging "civility
& respect." It seems there is an assumption in our society that in
order to have civility we must have harmony. Well, I disagree! And
it is okay to disagree! We do not have to AGREE in order to get
along. If we are going to cultivate peace on our planet, we need to
have respect for different perspectives. As a bonus, when we strive
to understand other viewpoints we occasionally find it useful to
adjust our own! Do not be afraid to voice your opinion or challenge
someone this week, but seek that field beyond right & wrong!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: