Sunday, February 17, 2002

eRipples v4.07: Ripples of ASPIRATIONS!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

What we earnestly aspire to be, that in some sense we are.
-Anna Jameson, submitted by Donna

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I never said "Well, I don't have this and I don't have that."
I said, I don't have this yet, but I'm going to get it. . . .
The real power behind whatever success I have now
was something I found within myself --
something that's in all of us, I think,
a little piece of God just waiting to be discovered.
-Tina Turner, submitted by Debbie

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

On Friday, I enjoyed an afternoon with the Human Resources team from
the University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics. One of our topics
was "goal setting" and the importance of visualizing our goals. A
key component of effective goal setting is finding ways that we have
already acquired some piece of what we aspire to. If you want more
courage in your life, for example, it is essential that you find at
least small ways in which you have recently been courageous. This
allows you to understand what courage looks like, sounds like, feels
like; and then you can say to yourself "I want more, I want LOTS
more!"

I challenge you to spend a moment TODAY thinking about something you
want and to ponder how you have already have some of it in your life
right now!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: