Monday, March 25, 2002

eRipples v4.12: Ripples of NOT WINNING!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Eventually you learn that the competition
is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit.
-George Sheehan, submitted by Brian

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win but think you can't,
its almost a cinch you wont.
If you think you'll lose, your lost.
For out in the world we find SUCCESS begins with a person's will.
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself
before you can ever win the prize.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster person.
But sooner or later, the person who wins is the person who thinks they can.
-C.W. Longenecker, submitted by Elayne

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

This week I went from the dramatic coast of Maine where I was hanging
out with a fun crew of college food service folks to the amazing
mountains of Utah and a fun crew of credit union folks! I fully
intended to spend my Sunday evening glued to the television to see
who won an Oscar....but alas, I was distracted by the Wasatch
Mountains and I ended up taking a 30 minute train ride that stretched
into a 5 hour evening of staring down into the valley, lost in the
beauty of a sunset that melted every ounce of stress in my soul!

I don't even need to know who won on TV, because I know that I won
right here! I won an amazing opportunity to sit back, relax, and not
care about anything other than the mountains, the sunset, and the
lights of Salt Lake City!

If you're feeling like you've been racing and racing and racing and
racing......maybe you need to do something to just get off the track,
and forget about winning!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: