Sunday, March 31, 2002

eRipples v4.13: Ripples of DETOURS!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
-original source unknown, submitted by Sue

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares
which will not withdraw from us.
We need hours of wandering or
spaces of time sitting on park benches,
observing the mysterious world of ants
and the canopy of treetops.
-Maya Angelou, submitted by Becky

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Am I the only person who finds it harder to relax than to work? This
week was supposed to be my spring break....no work and all play.
Each morning I thought of a small task that I should attend to, and a
few minutes at the computer turned into my regular routine of
checking emails, paying bills, returning phone calls, etc. It seems
like my routine became too, well, routine! I have a few more days of
down time, and I am determined to meander through them.

I dare you: Try driving home from work a different route, or walk
back from class the l-o-n-g way and see if the detour doesn't provide
an awesome opportunity to enjoy life from a different perspective. I
promise to do the same!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: