Monday, July 8, 2002

eRipples v4.27: Ripples of ONE HUNDRED FIFY NINE!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Nothing can be done without hope.
-Helen Keller, submitted by Kay

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Every man must decide whether he will walk
in the light of creative altruism
or the darkness of destructive selfishness.
Life's most persistent and urgent question is,
"What are you doing for others?"
-Martin Luther King Jr., submitted by Jean

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

WOW! Two weeks ago I mentioned the story of Keith and his cool idea
for helping people with Modest Needs; I had no idea how many people
might take it seriously and pitch in five bucks to encourage him in
his efforts. Well, the results are in! I returned from my Colorado
vacation to find dozens and dozens of envelopes! As I packed up a
box to send to him, I counted 159 contributions from over 30 states
and the District of Columbia!

I am so proud of us! I added my check for $795, as I promised to
commit five bucks of my own for each envelope that came in. I know
some of you pitched in more than five dollars, and some of you
donated money directly through the Modest Needs' website--thanks for
those ripples! Thank you also to the folks who simply visited the
website or even spent a few moments thinking about the ripples that
are being created with this idea! If you still want to help, you can
visit his website (see below) to make a contribution directly to
Modest Needs. As of July 1, the IRS officially recognized Modest
Needs as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization which means that all
contributions that came in after May 1 are tax deductible!


Modest Needs Website: http://www.ModestNeeds.org
USA Today article on Modest Needs:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/2002/2002-06-13-modestneeds.htm

Peace to you,
Paul

No comments: