Monday, August 19, 2002

eRipples v4.33: Ripples of MOMENTS!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away.
-source unknown, submitted by Colleen B., Milwaukee WI

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

You haven't lived
until you've learned
to treasure
every moment given;
to realize
that the slightest touch
may hold
a hidden heaven
-Kay Wrightman, submitted by Diane W., Carbondale IL

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I began last week in the Great Smoky Mountains where I helped
University of North Carolina-Asheville welcome their new students. I
then dashed off to the Rocky Mountains to infuse some energy into
student leaders at University of Colorado - Boulder, Weber State
University, and Salt Lake Community College. After giving so many
presentations in one week, they started to melt together into one big
pile of "stuff." What stands out clearly, though, are small moments
at each place that allowed me to survive and thrive in the midst of
my travels. Most of these moments came in between presentations when
I was having lunch or just hanging out with a few participants: funny
comments, deep discussions, and even a moment of silence while we
stared at the mountains. I feel richer for these moments that are
captured like digital snapshots in my mind, knowing that long after I
am back home in my own bed with a normal schedule I will be able to
recall these moments with a smile!

Choose one: either reflect back on YOUR previous week and try to
recall some unexpected moments of joy that are worth savoring, OR
commit yourself to creating a few this week!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: