Monday, August 26, 2002

eRipples v4.34: Ripples of FRIENDS!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

It is one of the blessings of old friends
that you can afford to be stupid with them.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, submitted by Jenn P.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Each friend represents a world in us,
a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting
that a new world is born.
-Anais Nin, submitted by Jeanne, L. Fond du Lac, WI

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Last weekend I snuck up to northern Minnesota to visit some friends
who recently bought a summer cabin on a pristine, spring-fed lake far
away from the stress of cities (and airports!). I was a little
worried about adding another trip to my already hectic August, but as
soon as I arrived I knew it was going to be a much-needed break.
Every moment was an opportunity to connect with nature AND to connect
with good friends whose paths have not crossed mine in a long time.

My new treatment for exhaustion: one lazy afternoon of goofing
around on a bright yellow dock in the middle of a crystal clear,
refreshingly brisk lake. Administer with friends and it is
guaranteed to calm nerves, induce deep sleep, and refresh a tired
soul.

I dare you: make a play date with some friends this week and ENJOY!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: