Sunday, June 26, 2005

Ripples v7.26: Ripples of ILLUMINATIONS!

Ripples v7.26: Ripples of ILLUMINATIONS!
Monday, June 27, 2005
a FREE weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

It is up to you to illuminate the world.
–Phillippe Venier, Katie P., Minneapolis MN

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element.
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.

I can be a tool of torture
or an instrument of inspiration,
I can humiliate or humor,
hurt or heal.

In all situations,
it is my response that decides whether
a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and
a person is humanized or de-humanized.

If we treat people as they are,
we make them worse.
If we treat people as they ought to be,
we help them become what they are capable of becoming.
-J.W. Goethe, submitted by Kristen S., Franklinville NJ

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o


There are many things beyond our control.

Many.

I bet you can think of several people and/or situations in your life right now where you feel you have no options.

Sometimes we get so frustrated, sad, angry, bewildered, obsessed about those things that we fail to notice the many ways we can impact the people and situations around us. I challenge you this week to examine one of these \"beyond my control\" occurrences and see if you can find some options that you DO have. Even when we feel forced to take a certain action, we often have a choice about how we perceive it. Illumnate those options, and see how it brightens your day!


Peace,
Paul

No comments: