Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ripples v8.04: Ripples of TRUE ACHIEVEMENT!

Ripples v8.04: Ripples of TRUE ACHIEVEMENT!
1/23/06: your FREE weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

The roots of true achievement lie in the will to
become the best that you can become.
-Harold Taylor, submitted by Linn W., Milwaukee WI

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success.
She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have
studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you.
Success is being praised by others.
That is nice, but not as important or satisfying.
Always aim for achievement and forget about success.
-Helen Hayes, submitted by Sharon S.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

This week I enjoyed a visit to Michigan to help Community Financial CU with their annual staff training. They spent some time celebrating their 2005 success, while most of their energy was directed towards the exciting opportunities that 2006 holds for them. I like the Helen Hayes quote above about focusing on achievement, although I think my suggestion would be to focus on achievement MORE THAN success rather than to completely 'forget" about success.

If you have not yet taken time for this task, spend a few minutes today acknowledging all your 2005 successes. Then it is time to ask yourself, "What could I do this week to help me evolve as the best that I can become?"

And then, my friend, DO IT!!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: