Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ripples v8.05: Ripples of being VITALLY ALIVE!

Ripples v8.05: Ripples of being VITALLY ALIVE!
1/30/06: your FREE weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

While we have the gift of life,
it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die-
whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.
-Gilda Radner, submitted by Dani S., Eugene OR

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Seek out that particular mental attribute
which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive,
along with which comes the inner voice which says,
"This is the real me,"
and when you have found that attitude, follow it.
-William James, submitted by Linn W., Milwaukee WI

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

You may have noticed a postscript last week asking for some help with an audio version of Ripples that we hope to launch in a few weeks. I have spent several months pondering and researching and processing and chatting about this concept and I have become intrigued by the possibilities of having a weekly audio splash of inspiration to complement this email. I admit I have also been somewhat intimidated and unsure about whether I could commit the time and energy to create something worthwhile.

Thanks to some new goodies released from Apple just this month, the process of creating and publishing a podcast* has been streamlined and simplified. I installed the software and then received some fantastic assistance in the form of cheery voicemails from a few Ripply Volunteers. Suddenly this project seems not only worthwhile but also FUN. Instead of dreading the many steps we still need to take in order to publish our first episode, I am enthusiastically engaged in the process. It is helping me feel more VITALLY ALIVE!

I truly hope you can seek out a task in your work or school or life this week that could help YOU feel more VITALLY ALIVE. It might be a new activity you attempt or it could be a fresh spin on something you have already done many times; experiment with your passion!

Vitally yours,
Paul

No comments: