Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ripples v8.13: Ripples of PERSONAL FREEDOM!

Ripples v8.13: Ripples of PERSONAL FREEDOM!
3/27/06: your FREE weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLES =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.
-e.e. cummings, submitted by Lindsay B., New Berlin WI

The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.
-Carl Jung, also submitted by Lindsay B., New Berlin WI

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

If you do your best
in the search for personal freedom,
in the search for self-love,
you will discover that it's just a matter of time
before you find what you are looking for.
-Don Miguel Ruiz, submitted by Sharri d.S., Eugene OR

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I enjoyed crazy travel adventures this week, first visiting managers at a Procter & Gamble plant in Louisiana (have YOU tried Apple Mango Tango Gain yet??) and then travelling to Moscow, Idaho where I participated in a human rights conference called "Finding the Center 2006." I had a great time in both places AND I cannot wait to arrive back home to see Grendel (for recent subscribers, Grendel is my new puppy that Ripples readers helped me name!).

Among the big batch of quote submissions we received last week (and thanks to ALL who submitted quotes because a constant stream of quotes helps make a better splash of Ripples!!), were the above quotes about personal freedom. Please note that I could not decide between two awesome quotes that Lindsay sent in so I exercised my own PERSONAL FREEDOM and included them both!

For me, personal freedom involves having a variety of options to consider and exercising the responsibility to making good choices and brave choices. It means being free not only of unreasonable restrictions from others but also being free from internal restrictions; having the courage to take positive action despite any fears or limiting beliefs. That is my definition; what does it mean to you? Would you please consider sharing your opinion about what PERSONAL FREEDOM means to you at our community discussion board:
http://theripplesproject.org/smf/index.php?topic=179.0 ?

I'm wishing you a week filled with Freedom & Peace,

Paul

No comments: