Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ripples v8.36: Ripples of REST!

Ripples v8.36: Ripples of REST!
9/5/06: a FREE splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PEBBLE =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.
-Ovid, submitted by Judy A., Carbondale IL

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= BOULDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o

To look backward for a while
is to refresh the eye, to restore it,
and to render it the more fit
for its prime function of looking forward.
-Margaret Fairless Barber, submitted by Donna B., Indianapolis IN

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o= PONDER =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

I have some good news, and some more good news. Which do you want first?

Well the first good news is that I have carved out some time this month to escape work and many of the routine chores and patterns that have gradually become my life. My goal is mostly to REST: to sleep and stroll and read and relax and walk and play with my dog. I also intend to to let my heart, mind, and soul meander through all the brainstorms and ponderings I have had about The Ripples Project over the past 8 years. I hope to emerge from this sabbatical with a fresh perspective and some new possibilities to share with you.

The other good news: thanks to our updated newsletter software and our new, larger home base on the internet, I will be able to take some REST while you still receive Ripples! Over the past few weeks, I have created several fresh issues and loaded them up to be sent out automatically over the next few Mondays.

Enjoy the next few weeks, and I will be back soon with stories of my adventures!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: