Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ripples v9.49: Being Alone!

Ripples v9.49: Being Alone!
12/03/07: a free weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

____________________PEBBLE ____________________

There is a quality to being alone that is incredibly precious.
Life rushes back to the void, richer, more vivid, fuller than before.
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh, submitted by Lin H., Bloomington IL

____________________BOULDER ____________________

Every now and then
go away,
have a little relaxation.
For when you come back
to your work,
your judgment
will be surer.
-Leonardo Da Vinci, submitted by Lin H., Bloomington IL

____________________PONDER ____________________

By the time you read this email, I will have wrapped up my final presentation of the year, packed up my ripply Prius, and disappeared into the Colorado Rockies for my annual retreat. I found some extra time and energy (and love!) over the past few weeks to build up a full slate of Ripples issues for December. While Grendel and I meander through the mountains to hike and eat and relax and daydream, you will continue to receive a quick splash on Mondays.

Back to our theme this week of BEING ALONE. I dare you to carve out some time to be alone this week. A walk in the woods, an afternoon in the library, or even a quick five minutes with your door closed and your favorite song pumping through your earphones can go a long way in helping you restore your soul.

Enjoy every moment you are alone and enjoy every moment you are not alone.
I will look forward to connecting with you again in 2008.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: