Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ripples v10.22: Anticipation!

Ripples v10.22: Anticipation!
June 2, 2008: a free weekly splash to 19,432 subscribers
from Paul & The Ripples Project

__PEBBLE _________________________________

Anxiety touched by hope becomes anticipation.
-Jeanie Daniel Duck, submitted by Christopher T., Canton MI

__BOULDER _________________________________

"Well," said Pooh, "What I like best--"
and then he had to stop and think,
because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do,
there was a moment just before you began to eat it
which was better than when you were,
but he didn't know what it was called.
-A.A. Milne, submitted by Kathy L., Mendota Heights MN

__PONDER _________________________________

I'm preparing this issue of Ripples early because I have a crazy fun
weekend ahead of me that is filling me with ANTICIPATION! I am
flying into San Luis Obispo, CA where I get to connect with a
childhood friend that I have not seen in over 20 years AND I get to
go hiking with some of my Cal Poly buddies who can best be described
with this word/acronym: WOW!

I have spent the past few weeks anticipating the reunion-bonding and
the hiking-bonding and while I am sure I will enjoy both, I know just
what Pooh means about that "moment just before." Anticipation is
basically "pre-savoring" and the enthusiasm I have put into planning
and pondering my upcoming weekend is just as delicious as the Honey
itself--(of course I won't know that for sure until next week!).

Do you have something awesome, something grand, something delicious
coming up soon? Spend a few moments right now anticipating how sweet
it will be!

Peace,
Paul

No comments: