Monday, July 21, 2008

Ripples v10.29: Friends!

Ripples v10.29: Friends!
July 21, 2008: a free weekly splash to 20,081 subscribers
from Paul & The Ripples Project

__PEBBLE _________________________________

The more I think about it, the more I realize
there is nothing more artistic than to love others.
-Vincent Van Gogh, submitted by Aja H., Washington DC

__BOULDER _________________________________

Have friends.
They are a second being.
To a friend,
all friends are good and wise.
When you are with them,
all turns out well.
-Baltasar Gracian, submitted by Samantha T., Milwaukee WI

__PONDER _________________________________

I have just finished a most artful week of FRIENDS!

I began my journey with a stop in Illinois to reconnect with a childhood classmate and a brief pause in Indiana for a squeeze from a longtime training colleague (and most excellent hugger!). On Thursday I made some new connections at the Jennings County United Way before heading to Cincinnati for a weekend reunion with grad school buddies and their ebullient families. I finished the weekend bonding with my bestest best bubba. While I have known them all for different lengths of time, I am so honored to call all of these remarkable people my FRIENDS!

This bounty of friendship reminds me that among our most precious resources are the deep and satisfying connections we make with others. Can you take a moment right now to contact a dear friend or two who might enjoying hearing how much you appreciate having them in your life?

Thinking about it is good; actually doing it could be more wondrous and magical than you expect.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: