Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ripples #618: Today's Peace!

Ripples #618: Today's Peace!
For our tribe of 27,484 busy people who share encouragement and gratitude.
Mar 28, 2011

PEBBLE:
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles;
it takes away today's peace.
-source unknown, submitted by Angela, Mississauga, Ontario (Canada)

BOULDER:
Finish each day and be done with it before you begin the next. Interpose a
solid wall of sleep between the two. You have done what you could. Some
blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely....
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, submitted by Jackie, DeKalb IL

PONDER:
Some of you know about the abbreviation I use to help me avoid the pitfalls
of ruining today's peace: L.I.G. When I make a mistake, I strive to
correct it and then LET IT GO so I can move on to the next thing. If some
grumpy soul interrupts my glorious afternoon, I roll my eyes, brainstorm an
illusion about why s/he was so rude (just got fired, lost the car keys,
received bad news) and then I LET IT GO.

Sometimes I forget, and end up needlessly infecting my life with undo
amounts of yuckiness. A little bit of "nervous anticipation" about possible
negative outcomes is part of life; we just need to be intentional about how
much we WORRY and how much we ENJOY TODAY.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: