Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ripples v9.40: Enrich The World!

Ripples v9.40: Enrich The World!
10/1/07: a free weekly splash from Paul & The Ripples Project

____________________PEBBLE ____________________

NEVER make excuses for doing something you know is right.
-source unknown, submitted by Sarah W., NJ/PA

____________________BOULDER ____________________

You are here
to enable the world
to live more amply,
with greater vision,
and with a finer spirit
of hope and achievement.
You are here to enrich the world.
-Woodrow Wilson, submitted by Casey B.

____________________PONDER ____________________

On Saturday, I spent the day with a few hundred students from several Indiana universities who mentor other college students. Even though TIME is a most valuable and scarce commodity for students, they spend some of it helping others. They inspired me.

On the flight home, I was reading the latest issue of Newsweek which focused on "Global Giving" and mentioned an extremely successful fund raising effort to prevent Malaria in Africa. $10 buys a mosquito net, and gets it delivered and explained to a family in Africa. Ten bucks saves a life. That inspired me, too.

Take a deep breath, and read on.
I want The Ripples Project to buy 1,000 nets
and I will pay half.

If I can convince 1,000 people,
6% of our 16,000+ subscribers
to donate FIVE BUCKS,
I will match that so
$5 actually buys a $10 net.

Are you in?

Learn the details here:
http://PaulWesselmann.com/resources/NBN

One month: 10,000 nets.
Let's ENRICH THE WORLD!

Peace,
Paul
P.S. The UN Foundation is coordinating, every nickel goes to Africa, and I'll post updates every week in October. Please take action!

No comments: