Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ripples #706: Believing vs. Knowing.

Ripples #706: Believing vs. Knowing.
For our tribe of 31,768 busy people who share encouragement and gratitude.
12/04/2012

PEBBLE:
Be less certain.
Be more curious.
-Steve Robbins, submitted by Brett in Madison, WI

BOULDER:
People take different roads
seeking fulfillment and happiness.
Just because they're not on your road
doesn't mean they've gotten lost.
-Dalai Lama

PONDER:
Two movies I've seen in the past week have me pondering what I believe and what I know to be true. "The Life of Pi" and "Rise of the Guardians" are amazing and I recommend both highly (see them in 3D if you can--they are each visually stunning without overwhelming). In very different ways, they explore the interplay between faith and facts.

Yesterday I used my iPhone to capture some thoughts that sprang up in the middle of a serene Sunday hike. The transcript would exceed my 60 second rule about the length of these Ripples, but I'll share the link in the hopes that some of you may take 5 minutes to watch: http://theripplesproject.org/12all/lt.php?c=497&m=867&nl=13&s=dfb706258cf0416bd4d6592ffb5ddd13&lid=2470&l=-http--www.youtube.com/watch--Q-v--E-BCaPeoVotZw

If life is too busy for that, at least make an effort this week to be less certain and more curious. For me, for you, and for us all.

Peace,
Paul

No comments: